Ordering flowers might seem like a simple task, but there are hundreds of details involved. If it’s your first time ordering flowers or you are ordering for a special person and want to get it right, follow these tips.
At Lilygrass, our motto is "WHAT YOU ENVISION, WE MAKE A REALITY". So, when you call or come into the showroom to place your order, there are a few key questions we will ask to help you choose the best arrangement for your needs.
- What is your budget? (Remember to factor in both the cost of the arrangement and the delivery fee.
- Do you prefer a vase, basket or container?
- Are there any colors you specifically do or do not want to include?
- Does the recipient have any favorite flowers?
- Is there anything you can tell us about the recipient's personal style or preferences?
- Does the recipient have any specific pollen allergies or scent sensitivities that you know of?
- Are you envisioning a tall or compact design?
Answers to these questions will help your florist choose the right blooms for that special person or occasion. If you are interested, certain colors and/or blooms have significant meanings that you can pass on as a message.
For example, Red roses mean "Love", yellow roses mean "Friendship" and for somber occasions, the color white and oriental lilies signify "sympathy and eternal life."
Keep in mind that some flowers have stronger scents than others. If you are sending a large arrangement to someone with a small office space or someone in the hospital, consider blooms with lighter scents or no fragrance at all so the flowers don’t overwhelm the space. Stargazer lilies, stock and garden roses are examples of very fragrant flowers.
If you need a little inspiration, Lilygrass has some easy and convenient options to choose from to help you place that perfect order:
- Option 1: Browse our website and choose from one of the many arrangements pictured, then call us to place your order (orders can not be placed on the website because flowers are seasonal and are always changing in colors)
- Option 2: If you are wanting to create a one of a kind design, Call us or come into the showroom and one of our floral specialists will talk you through the process.
We are here and happy to help!
lilygrass flowers and decor