Hello out there, Lilygrass fans! We have some exciting news – we went to our first bridal show!
We traveled many miles to share our skills with blushing brides, and we loved it! We proudly displayed some of Lilygrass’ most famous products and designs (like the ever popular baby’s breath kissing balls), but we also found ourselves at the other end of the knowledge train, the receiving end. Here are just some of the things we learned from the show that we’d like to keep in mind for next time:
- Wear comfortable shoes! This one may seem like a no-brainer, but, hey, a girl’s got to look professional, after all! Throw on some of those preppy ballet flats or a classy pair of black Toms, and be prepared to be on your feet for a while.
- Next time we will be bringing our own buggy or wagon to transport everything in and out of the showroom. Getting everything in was a breeze, but while we were on the way out, some of the flower water may or may not have leaked out directly onto a prominent place onto the front of one of our pants… So, a cart of some sort is a must!
- We had the opportunity to set up our tables and decorations the day before, which only left us the flowers to transport the day of the show. That is definitely the way to go, because that way the only stress we had to deal with was the familiar stress of flower delivery. However, we are looking into these interesting pop-up signs for the next show. They jumped right out of their packages, and then, they folded right back down into them!
- Be sure to park your booth next to a cake vendor. We were graciously treated to the “leftovers” from Nothing Bundt Cakes, and they were scrumptious! Give them a try for your next event, because on top of delicious treats (which, honestly, that’s reason enough), they are also extremely kind.
- Overall the event was worth it. We scheduled twenty consultations in just one day! We gave our business cards to brides galore and even other vendors. The Lilygrass name is out there, people! Keep spreading that floral joy!
We are excited to be part of this momentous stride for Lilygrass, and we are excited to see just how far we can go. If I could describe this experience in one single word it would definitely have to be “valuable.”
Thanks for reading, Lilyheads! Keep your eye out for us when you’re at your next bridal show!