Hello again, Lilygrass fans! I sure hope you’ve been out and about experiencing this lovely (although not very February-ish) weather! Unfortunately, it is also allergy season! Be sure to stay healthy out there in this crazy Oklahoma wind!
Today’s blog discusses something so very dear to our hearts, baby showers! We know spring has nearly sprung, and that means rebirthing and new life, which is just a fancy way of saying babies!!! Here are some delightfully delicate floral choices for you if you get to be the lucky host of someone’s shower, or if you’re just in the mood to be a lovely friend! (These flowers can also double as gifts for the new mom.)
- I’ll start with the obvious here – baby’s breath, of course! Nothing says “delicate” or precious quite like those lacy buds. And the neutral white color complements just about any other type of flower you’d like. Baby’s breath is so awesome that it can also stand alone! Lilygrass makes these adorable baby’s breath balls that are sure to be conversation starters at any event! Another plus side is that it’s gentler on the pocketbook than some other types of flowers.
- If your mom-to-be has more of an outgoing, bright personality, consider gerbera daisies! They come in fantastic warm colors like reds, pinks, yellows, and oranges. They are extremely happy blooms that are sure to bring joy and cheer to your shower, to match that new mother’s smile!
- Calla lilies are another fantastic choice! They also come in several hues, including pink, purple, white, and even orange, yellow, and deep red. Callas are a very elegant flower with smooth, flowing lines. These should be in your arrangement of choice if your pregnant woman of honor enjoys sleek style or high-end accessories.
- One of my very favorite types of flowers for baby showers is Delphinium! These flowers are mesmerizing! They aren’t your traditional stem and bloom type of flower. They are more of a stalk, and they will climb their way right up to the top of your floral list! Delphinium comes in light or dark blue, white, and sometimes a lavender or purple color. If you’re southern belle needs a table centerpiece, Delphinium is the flower for you!
- If your expecting mother prefers a jungle-themed shower, then you can’t go wrong with some exotic orchids! Like the Deplhinium, these comes on a stalk, with blooms all the way up and down it! The colors are as diverse as the jungle itself with oranges, whites, pinks, and purples. It’s another award-winning choice for the “wild side” in us all!
- Finally, our last favorite choice for baby showers speaks to that natural mama. If this guest of honor loves roaming around the wilderness and being outdoors, then stick with things they’d see in their favorite places. Ferns, succulents, and other natural greens would be the perfect addition to your shower for your loved on who is expecting their own new addition!
With so many flowers out there, it can be overwhelming to choose the right ones, so just talk with your floral professional! They are here to help you, and they’re happy to do it! Explain what your theme is and what kind of woman you’re throwing your shower for, and I bet your florist can whip up the perfect arrangement in no time. Come on in to Lilygrass today and speak with our trained designers, so we can help make your shower the best yet!
Thanks, fans! Have a great shower!
Leave a review at Google+ https://plus.google.com/114947317056095389005/posts?hl=en
Leave a review at Yelp http://www.yelp.com/biz/lilygrass-flowers-and-decor-oklahoma-city